PE/Sports Premium Spending
The DFE allocate PE/Sports Premium funding to all schools. Their vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium is:
All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
OBJECTIVE: To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles;
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement;
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport;
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils;
5. Increased participation in competitive sport.
2016/17 - Please click here to see how we are using our funding this year.